Updated 2021 – Top 10 Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater
Nowadays, there are so many products of denon dolby atmos home theater in the market and you are wondering to choose a best one.You have searched for denon dolby atmos home theater in many merchants, compared about products prices & reviews before deciding to buy them.
You are in RIGHT PLACE.
Here are some of best sellings denon dolby atmos home theater which we would like to recommend with high customer review ratings to guide you on quality & popularity of each items.
839 reviews analysed
1. Marantz Av8805 Audio Component Amplifier
- Designed for the HOME CINEMA ENTHUSIAST with an unprecedented 13.2 Channel processing capability, massive power, and 15.2 Channel XLR and RCA Outputs, the AV8805 BRINGS OUT THE BEST IN AUDIO & VIDEO FORMATS
- STREAM UNLIMITED MUSIC from Pandora, Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer and enjoy FULL VOICE CONTROL COMPATABILITY WITH AMAZON ALEXA & GOOGLE ASSISTANT. Play your favorite tracks via HEOS, Wi Fi, Bluetooth or AirPlay 2 from your smartphone or Apple TV
- SEAMLESS OUT OF THE BOX EXPERIENCE with an ADVANCED GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE guides you through the step by step process and lets you easily connect all your audio sources to this receiver
- With 60 YEARS OF INNOVATION and DEDICATION to PREMIUM HOME THEATER ENTERTAINMENT AND AUDIO SYSTEMS, Marantz gives you the best surround sound and stereo listening experience imaginable
- Add the Marantz MM7055 or MM8077 Power Amp to ENJOY THE ULTIMATE HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE WITH THE LATEST THREE DIMENSIONAL FORMATS including, AURO 3D, DTS:X, and DTS Virtual:X (up to 13.1), Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.6 or 9.1.4)
- REMOTELY MONITOR ALL CONNECTED DEVICES while you are on the move. Integrate this receiver with SMART HOME AUTOMATION SYSTEMS like Josh.AI and GAIN COMPLETE CONTROL on your phone or tablet from anywhere
Value for money is the ultimate aim of every person out there. You want the best you can (Or better) for the bucks you pay. In terms of Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater, Marantz Av8805 Audio Component Amplifier would be your best bet for getting a value for money. Launched Quite time Ago Marantz Av8805 Audio Component Amplifier was the best-sold product and even today, the sales number speak.
Having such amazing features, all this is bundled up at a cost, which may seem high for few, but is actually very good if you compare its features. Our bet is Marantz Av8805 Audio Component Amplifier would be the Best Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater for Money.
2. Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver, 5.2 channel, 4K Ultra HD Audio and Video, Home Theater System, built-in Bluetooth and USB port, Compatible with HEOS Link for Wireless Music Streaming
- You can also connect the Denon AVR with your Smart TV remote and ACCESS ALL YOUR SPEAKER SOURCES AND SURROUND MODE SELECTIONS USING JUST ONE REMOTE. Or simply USE YOUR SMARTPHONE AS A REMOTE. Download the Denon 500 Series Remote app for iOS and Android and get control the receiver through your phone! Convenient, isn’t it?
- MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR NEW 4K ULTRA HD TV. This stereo receiver delivers exceptional brightness, contrast and color leveraging industry leading HLG (hybrid Log-Gamma), HDR (High Dynamic Range), BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling to impress even the most discerning viewers. Experience 5 AMPLIFIERS (140W per channel) driving amazing power, realistic display and immersive sound across any room
- FOUR QUICK SELECT BUTTONS ON THE FRONT PANEL help you store your preferred audio settings for television, Blu-Ray, and more, and allows you to switch between them quickly
- OUR EASY ON-SCREEN SETUP ASSISTANT walks you through clear simple instructions to connect your TV, specific EQ settings and helps you optimize your surround sound
- YOUR FAVORITE MUSIC AT YOUR FINGERTIPS – With a built-in Bluetooth, amp up your music from eight different devices, be it a computer or any other smart device and transmit it to a wide range of speaker systems. CREATE AN INTEGRATED AUDIO SYSTEM in conjunction with DENON HEOS LINK for a thrilling multi-room experience, which also allows you to play back music from almost every digital streaming service like Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora and many more
- With its 100-year legacy and Japanese precision technology, Denon AV Receiver S540BT DELIVERS MULTI-DIMENSIONAL SURROUND SOUND with 5.2 channel compatibility and SUPPORTS 4K ULTRA HD PICTURE QUALITY, perfect for your home theater and entertainment system
- I did not know anything about this brand, but my son did some research and i am pleased with this product
- Sound quality is what i had hoped for, and thank you denon for making an affordable model for us audiophiles with a tight budget.
- I had trouble with the setup as the quick start instructions implied that you could activate bluetooth and tech support was clo… Read More
- Using polk fronts & sub woofer and klipsch center and rears the sound quality is very nice with a number of different settings … Read More
- Obvisouly they last and the sound quality is great.
- I’m happy with features, setup, and price was fair.
- Purchased unit to upgrade sound system (hmdi) on screen setup was a breeze, worked right out of the box
- Sounds awesome with polk sub and surround with cerwin- vega 315 mains.
- I have my tv (output) tied in with my blueray, xbox, cable box, firestick, and i still have an empty hdmi input.
- Now i can use all the same devices (roku, blu-ray, chromecast, etc) and get full resolution.
- Awsome amp for 300$ well worth it now I have bluetooth
3. Onkyo Ht S3910 Theater Receiver Speaker
4. Denon Professional Dn 200Br Bluetooth Receiver
- Engineered for Installation | Rugged metal enclosure with built-in eyelets for mounting screws
- Long Range | Receives Bluetooth signals wirelessly up to 33m
- 75 dB) and support for all mainstream profiles (AVCTP 1.0, AVRCP 1.0, GAVDP 1.2, AVDTP 1.0, A2DP 1.2, Hands-Free Profile (HFP) 1.5, Headset Profile (HSP) 1.1)
- Immediate Bluetooth | Compact stereo Bluetooth receiver adds Bluetooth to any audio system
- measures 1.8 inches (45mm) high, 6 inches (152mm) wide, and 6 inches deep
- Performance Driven Connectivity | Balanced XLR and ¼-inch audio outputs included for integration with mixers and amplification systems
- Pro-Grade Specifications | Full range frequency response, ultra-low signal to noise ratio (>
Denon Professional Dn 200Br Bluetooth Receiver is a veteran in the market and has been here for a long time. It offers something of a unique feature which no other competitor offers.
Go for Denon Professional Dn 200Br Bluetooth Receiver if you want to try out something of a fusion of new and classic. Fun & Interesting Fact about Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater is that even though Denon Professional Dn 200Br Bluetooth Receiver is a veteran, the users are mostly younger generation. You can say fashion makes a turn after a century or so and things repeat.
5. Denon Avr X2700h Ultra Channel Receiver
- AWARD-WINNING ON-SCREEN SETUP ASSISTANT provides simple, clear instructions to connect your TV, & Audyssey MultEQ XT (with 2 preset options) that accurately calibrates all speakers in your home setup & tunes the AVR for an optimal listening experience
- UNMATCHED 3D REALISM FOR YOUR HOME THEATER SYSTEM – Immersive surround sound with Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization & DTS Virtual:X & crisp, clean picture with advanced video processing – 4K & new 8K pass-through – bring movies & music to life
- GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR 4K TV – Enjoy the highest quality 3D audio and video knowing that the AVR-X2700H is 8K READY WHEN YOU ARE. This high-power amplifier meets the most demanding entertainment needs with the latest technology available
- CONNECT WITH ANY HD/ULTRA HD TV, SUBWOOFER, BLU-RAY PLAYER & TURNTABLE FOR INCREDIBLE STEREO SOUND – USB, 8 HDMI ports (6 In/ 2 Out) with HDCP 2.3 processing, Digital In, Phono input & Network support with a range of wireless connections
- NEXT GEN GAMING – Enjoy a smooth, lag-free gaming experience with spectacular imaging, reduced lag & frame tearing with 4K/120Hz pass-through, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
- FULL VOICE CONTROL COMPATIBILITY WITH AMAZON ALEXA so you can adjust the volume, change tracks & switch inputs absolutely hands-free. Also works with Google Assistant, Apple Siri & integrates with home-automation systems like Josh.ai & Control4 SDPP
- EXTEND THE REACH OF YOUR MUSIC to any room in the house via Wi-Fi, Airplay 2 or Bluetooth with HEOS MULTI-ROOM WIRELESS SPEAKERS like the Denon Home series, without any extra hardware. Get Hi-Fi audio around your home with Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn & more
- ENJOY THE MOST ADVANCED VIDEO TECHNOLGY AVAILABLE with Dynamic HDR and HDR10+. This 7.2 channel receiver delivers clarity, contrast & color, & Quick Media Switching eliminates video delay
If you are buying a Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater for the first time, then you should have Denon Avr X2700h Ultra Channel Receiver. It has fewer features when you make Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater comparisons of Denon Avr X2700h Ultra Channel Receiver with any other Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater but what it has is ease of use and best in class service. Go ahead and Grab a Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater, grab any Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater but if you are first time user and want a good experience do not look anywhere other than Denon Avr X2700h Ultra Channel Receiver
6. Denon Avr 1911 Channel Theater Receiver
- Anchor Bay VRS advanced analog and digital video upconversion and deinterlacing with 1080p 24Hz/60Hz pass through
- HDMI 1.4a Repeater Inputs (4) and Output (1) support 1080p/24, 3D (All formats), 7.1 Uncompressed Audio, DVD Audio, Deep Color, Auto Lip Sync, CEC, and Audio Return Channel
- Audyssey MultEQ automatic room acoustic measuring and correction system, Dynamic Volume and Dynamic EQ audio processing
- Decodes Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital Surround EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIz, DTS HD Master Audio, DTS HD High Resolution, DTS ES 6.1 Discrete, DTS ES 6.1 Matrix, DTS Neo:6
- The AVR 1911’s 90 watt x 7 channel amplifier section can be configured for 7.1 systems or a 5.1 system with powered second zone
Denon Avr 1911 Channel Theater Receiver is a relatively new and late entrant in the market but surprisingly has surpassed beyond Denon AVR-X2700H 8K Ultra HD 7.2 Channel (95 Watt X 7) AV Receiver 2020 Model – Built For Gaming, Music Streaming, 3D Audio &Amp; Video, Alexa + HEOS which have been in market longer than anyone. Denon Avr 1911 Channel Theater Receiver brings you the best of the quality in the lowest possible cost. The Best feature of Denon Avr 1911 Channel Theater Receiver is what has kept in the market.
It certainly makes appearance in Reviews of Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater in 2020 owing to its price penetration strategy in the market. If you own a Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater and it could be any of the high value Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater, chances are that would be much costlier than Denon Avr 1911 Channel Theater Receiver. Denon Avr 1911 Channel Theater Receiver will have more than 50% of all its features.
7. Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision
- Advanced Auto Calibration technology (Adv. DCAC)
- HDMI 4-in/1-out with Enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
- S-FORCE PRO front surround sound
- 4K HDR/Dolby Vision compatibility with HDCP 2.2 support
- 7.2 Ch x 145W per channel (6ohms, 1kHz, 1ch THD 0.9%)
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X object-based surround sound
- In the box: Receiver unit, Remote control, Size AAA Batteries for Remote control, FM wire antenna (aerial), Start-up guide, Operating Instructions
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you wirelessly stream from other Bluetooth devices
Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision is another one which falls under Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater for money. It is most regularly advertised product and we see ads of it almost everywhere. In the past, Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision ’s parent company decided to launch a new line of Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater and that is what has revived them. Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision has really upgraded itself to the current style and market changes and the best part of Sony Str Dh790 7 2 Ch Receiver Vision is amazing features.
- The sound quality is great as i have not upgraded in awhile so my knowledge of what out there is slim.
- Great buy for the money and quality product.
- Audio quality is excellent, and it even has analog stereo audio in for my now-ancient jvc vcr (yes, i still have tapes).
- Once i figured everything out, i am totally pleased with the excellent sound, i like the dts-neural settings.
- Very soft clear sound, and good price!
- Other than that, for the price, that’s nothing better.
- For the price (300-ish), this thing has just the right power and hookups i need, not sure why you’d wanna spend any more, unles… Read More
- Just remember these items take a pounding in shipping.
- One of the top reviews mentions no hdmi cec for the receiver, but it definitely does have it; i didn’t have to even configure a… Read More
- I actually thought the six dt speakers would hook up to the tv like a soundbar.
- I mated a new polk psw10 10 subwoofer to this sony, and the sound/volume of my system is now truly impressive.
- Upgrading from a sony 1000w htib and there’s just no competition.
- The user interface is a bit clunky (c’mon sony), but it works just fine once it’s set up.
- Timely Delivery & consideration of shippers.I truly appreciate you getting this receiver to my husband before the Super Bowl st… Read More
- Picked this up for my new home theater. I am running an Atmos 5.2.2 setup. Some other reviewers have indicated that it only run… Read More
8. Denon Receiver Streaming Compatibility Bluetooth
- With its 100 year legacy & Japanese precision technology, Denon BRINGS PURITY OF SOUND AND JOY TO YOUR LIVES. Immerse yourself in multi dimensional audio and Hi Fi surround sound with this receiver for an unmatched home entertainment system
- A COMPACT & VERSATILE SOLUTION Easy setup, additional connections with USB, subwoofer output, built in Wi Fi, AM/FM Tuner, Headphone jack, and simple controls. Perfect for smaller footprint rooms, apartments and condos
- CONNECT A WHOLE HOME WIRELESS AUDIO SYSTEM including your TV, other media devices or gaming console to the receiver and redefine your movie, music, sports and gaming experience
- A BLEND OF SOPHISTICATION & OPTIMUM PERFORMANCE IN A SMALL FOOTPRINT From the award winning CEOL series, this Network CD Receiver has a minimalistic design in matte finish & comes with both Analogue & Digital inputs
- CHOOSE HIGH QUALITY AUDIO WITH THE BUILT IN CD PLAYER In addition to the basic functions of Play/ Pause/Stop, Repeat/Random, Forward/Rewind, this receiver cum CD player allows direct song access and program playback (up to 25 tracks)
- HEOS MUSIC STREAMING WITH AMAZON ALEXA COMPATABILITY Enjoy the benefits of multi room HEOS wireless streaming with voice commands & use popular services like Spotify, Internet Radio, Tidal, TuneIn, Pandora and more via Bluetooth or Airplay 2
Denon Receiver Streaming Compatibility Bluetooth is present in top 10 since a long time. In terms of customer satisfaction and ease of use, Denon Receiver Streaming Compatibility Bluetooth wins the users. Most of them who buy Denon Receiver Streaming Compatibility Bluetooth once wont by anything else although it offers very limited features and specifications.
The only reason for brand loyalty is ease of use. This product had a special mention in Reviews of Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater in 2020 for not expanding user base but definitely not loosing any. The shift of people from Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater to any other Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater is least.
9. Denon AVR-X1500 Receiver – HDR10, 3D video support | 7.2 Channel (80W per channel) 4K Ultra HD Video | Home Theater Dolby Surround Sound | Music Streaming System with Alexa Control
- FULL VOICE CONTROL COMPATIBILITY WITH AMAZON ALEXA lets you sit back and enjoy music without having to reach out for the remote every now and then! Adjust the volume, change the track or switch the inputs absolutely hands-free
- SEAMLESS INTEGRATION WITH HOME AUTOMATION SYSTEMS such as Conrol4 SDPP as well as REMOTE MONITORING FOR QUICK, RELIABLE TROUBLESHOOTING has been made possible through IP control capabilities in Denon’s In-Command series receiver. YOUR HOME WILL NOW BE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
- EQUIPPED WITH THE LATEST HOME CINEMA SPECS, this stereo receiver delivers exceptional clarity, contrast and color on your new 4K Ultra HD TV with support for HDR10 (High Dynamic Range), HLG (hybrid Log-Gamma), BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut, 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling and Dolby Vision
- Ultra-wide 21:9 video and greater 3D picture quality is SURE TO IMPRESS EVEN THE MOST DISCERNING VIEWERS. 7 amplifiers (80W per channel) and advanced DSP Power Processing capabilities drive high-speed computation, giving you superior response and immersive sound across any room
- OUR EASY ON-SCREEN SETUP ASSISTANT walks you through clear simple instructions to connect your TV, specific EQ settings and helps you optimize your surround sound system
Denon AVR-X1500 Receiver – HDR10, 3D video support | 7.2 Channel (80W per channel) 4K Ultra HD Video | Home Theater Dolby Surround Sound | Music Streaming System with Alexa Control is again a mid of quality and price. It offers limited features in this pricing. There is another variant of Denon AVR-X1500 Receiver – HDR10, 3D video support | 7.2 Channel (80W per channel) 4K Ultra HD Video | Home Theater Dolby Surround Sound | Music Streaming System with Alexa Control which falls into premium category but Denon AVR-X1500 Receiver – HDR10, 3D video support | 7.2 Channel (80W per channel) 4K Ultra HD Video | Home Theater Dolby Surround Sound | Music Streaming System with Alexa Controlis specifically targeted for mid-segment.
Denon AVR-X1500 Receiver – HDR10, 3D video support | 7.2 Channel (80W per channel) 4K Ultra HD Video | Home Theater Dolby Surround Sound | Music Streaming System with Alexa Control offers such a amazing features which makes it better than 70% of Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater available in the market today. Denon AVR-X1500 Receiver – HDR10, 3D video support | 7.2 Channel (80W per channel) 4K Ultra HD Video | Home Theater Dolby Surround Sound | Music Streaming System with Alexa Control was our personal favorite and was voted as most admired product in TOP 10 Best Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater to Buy in 2020 – TOP Picks. We hope it makes to that list again this year.
10. Denon Avr S650h Receiver Streaming Bluetooth
- MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR NEW 4K ULTRA HD TV – Featuring HLG, HDR10, BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut & 4:4:4 Pure Color sub sampling, the AVR S650H delivers exceptional brightness, contrast & color, thus enriching your movie and gaming experience
- FULL VOICE CONTROL COMPATIBILITY WITH AMAZON ALEXA lets you sit back and enjoy music without having to reach out for the remote! Adjust the volume, change the track or switch the inputs absolutely hands free
- NEW FEATURES – In additional to the standard specifications, this advanced 5.2 channel stereo receiver features eARC THE HIGHEST QUALITY SOUND FROM YOUR TV and the LATEST REVSION TO HIGH BANDWIDTH DIGITAL CONTENT PROTECTION with HDCP 2.3
- The BACK PANEL CONNECTIONS ARE EASILY UNDERSTOOD and horizontally arranged in a color coded scheme that lets you organize and connect speaker wires painlessly
- EXTEND THE REACH OF YOUR MUSIC to any room in the house via Wi Fi, Airplay or Bluetooth with HEOS MULTI ROOM WIRELESS SPEAKERS No Command Center or extra hardware required. Get Hi Fi sound around your home with Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Deezer & more
- FOUR QUICK SELECT BUTTONS ON THE FRONT PANEL help you store your preferred audio settings for television, Blu Ray, and more, and allows you to switch between them quickly
- AWARD WINNING ON SCREEN SETUP ASSISTANT walks you through clear simple instructions to connect your TV, specific EQ settings & helps you optimize your surround sound. Denon’s legacy & Japanese precision technology makes it a must have for your home
Last but not the least, if you haven’t liked any of the Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater yet, then Denon Avr S650h Receiver Streaming Bluetooth is your choice. It is another one which is Best Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater Under 100$ and Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater comparison have showed it has ranked best in past based solely on its features. Denon Avr S650h Receiver Streaming Bluetooth offers best features and although it does not have, Denon Avr S650h Receiver Streaming Bluetooth’s feature is unbeatable. We would recommend you to go ahead with this if you want an all rounder Best Denon Dolby Atmos Home Theater Under 100$
- The sound quality is amazing and having blue tooth is a huge plus.
- However equalization and sound quality is a matter of taste and is largely dependent on your speakers and the eventual filterin… Read More
- In short, i like the product just not satisfied with the quality of support given.
- Let me start off saying that i am very happy with the sound quality of this receiver.
- I love it and it was a great price!
- Finally decided my time was better spent not dealing w/the headache and had always heard denon made great avrs.
- It drives a bose acoustimass 10 series ii speaker system with a powered sub-woofer and sounds awesome!
- This unit replaced an expensive seperates set-up in our master bedroom which had a 200wpc adcom amplifier and a classic proceed… Read More
- The modern dac was an immediate improvement over my 10+yr old receiver.
- Works great and is used for TV sound.
- Doesn’t include a munual …online only 231 pages so its difficult to figure out if you cant print it …
- I picked this unit up as an outgoing model for a good price. The modern DAC was an immediate improvement over my 10+yr old rec… Read More
Music lovers always appreciate good sound quality, and an AV (audio/video) receiver provides you with a nonpareil experience. The market is inundated with gadgets every day, and it is not easy to buy one without doing a little homework. If you want to get the most out of your home entertainment system, an audio/video receiver (AVR) is a must. It is the focal point of a home theater system. You need an AVR for a multitude of tasks, ranging from supplying power to your speakers to enabling surround sound. Having a clear idea of the features that you should be looking for is the first step towards making a suitable choice. To make your research easier, we have devised a useful guide to help you buy the best AV receiver, after going through thousands of AV receiver reviews on the Internet.
The best AVRs can be classified on the basis of the number of audio inputs and output ports that they feature, the number of channels that they support, and the number of speakers they can power.
5.1 Channel–It is the basic model that support five speakers and one sub-woofer.
7.1 Channel–This model supports two additional speakers, making it a total of seven, and a sub-woofer for a richer sound.
7.2 Channel–This is one of the best AVRs, designed for larger rooms and higher configuration home theater systems. It supports an additional sub-woofer for a more even distribution of sound.
9.2 Channel– This is the latest AV receiver that supports up to nine speakers and two sub-woofers.
Warranty: Most users would recommend choosing a product with a reliable warranty. When you invest a substantial amount of money in an appliance, you would like to have the benefit of easy replacement of parts in the event of any manufacturing defects.
Ease of use: Using all the features to your best advantage is only possible if you understand them clearly. It is quite clear that most users prefer user-friendly interfaces that can be regulated with ease.
Stay away from cheap products: Most users would recommend that you should always opt for reliable brands that offer quality products and best after-sales services.
What to consider before buying an AV receiver
Today’s market is filled with many types of AV receivers and an equally high number of features—which can leave you perplexed as to which one to choose. We have put together a few factors for you to consider before you make a purchase:
Check the number of inputs: Opt for an AV receiver that comes with at least six input points. This, indeed, is the most important feature to be considered. Also, ensure there are a number of HDMI inputs, as most of the gadgets you use today are HDMI devices.
Do not go by the latest model: Decide on the model based on the features you would really need. With each new model, new features get added: Airplay streaming, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Dolby Atmos, etc.–the list goes on. However, wireless capabilities, streaming features, and a USB port can be considered necessary—don’t compromise on those features.
Decide on the stereo/surround option: Opt for stereo if the purpose of the AV receiver is to listen to quality music. An AV receiver with a surround mode is meant for home theater use. Although a stereotype receiver is old-fashioned, it is the ideal one if you plan to listen to music only. You can save a substantial sum of money by not buying the surround type–unless, of course, you feel you really want it.
Check the power: This determines the quality of sound transmitted by your receiver. A high-wattage receiver will provide better sound quality even at low and medium volumes. Keep in mind the size and sensitivity of your speakers while selecting an AVR. Also, you should consider the size and design of the room in which you are planning to set up your equipment before making a decision about the relevant amplification.Buy the receiver that is powerful enough for accommodating the connected speakers, as well as the room in which it is located. The larger the room, the more the power that is required. Also, with the “All channels driven” specification, you can be sure that sound will be amplified to all channels.
Check connectivity – The ideal AVR should have an adequate number of input and output ports to accommodate all your equipment, as well as some spare ports. The technology to look out for in this department is HDMI (High-definition Multimedia Interface), which gives you the best video and audio output. Your AVR should feature digital connections–you should also ensure that it has the correct inputs, keeping in mind the equipment you plan to connect to it.
Ensure adequate features– Typically, AVRs incorporate several features to regulate the quality of audio and video output. Multi-channel stereo, traditional surround sound and simulated environments such as jazz club and concert hall environments are the buzzwords in audio capability. Latest video capabilities include 3D streaming, multi-screen display, and video processing. Making a list of features that you require may narrow down your choices.
Latest fads: Bluetooth, Airplay, Song Pal and Wi-Fi are some of the features to look for. Bluetooth connectivity allows you to connect your AVR with any kind of Bluetooth-enabled device for streaming audio and visual files. Airplay connectivity is limited to Apple products. SongPal is a Sony app that allows you to stream music from your smartphone. Wi-Fi is another useful feature that you would like to have to access your home Internet connection without the use of an external Ethernet cable.
Interface: The wide range of features would not be of any use if you cannot figure out the way to use them optimally. The best AVRs come with a user-friendly graphical interface that is easy to understand and regulate.
Calibration: A number of AVRs now offer automatic calibration that checks and configures systems and settings on their own. This feature makes life easier, especially if your knowledge of audio-video systems is limited.
Pioneer, established in 1938 in Japan, is one of the leading manufacturers of the best quality musical equipment.
Yamaha is a Japanese company that has grown to become the world’s largest manufacturer of a range of musical instruments, audio/visual products, and other related products.
Onkyo Corporation from Japan is known for their musical equipment and AVRs. Their advanced products are very popular with users.